The Illinois Department of Public Health requires that all swimmers be wearing proper swimming attire. Swimsuits are required at all times. Cutoffs, gym shorts, sport wear, and undergarments are not allowed. Those not wearing proper attire, will not be allowed to be in the pool.
- For your protection, all flotation devices must be U.S. Coast Guard approved and labeled as such. All children wearing flotation devices must remain within arm’s reach of a swimming adult. A LIFEJACKET WILL NOT KEEP A PATRON FROM DROWNING AND DOES NOT SUBSTITUTE FOR APPROPRIATE SWIMMING SKILLS AND/OR ADULT SUPERVISION OF CHILDREN.
- Members or any users shall abide by all State, County, Village, and Park District; rules and regulations and shall conduct themselves in a safe, considerate, and reasonable manner so as not to cause disturbance or to damage equipment and property. Members or any users will display respect, consideration and courtesy to all members, users, staff, and Park Place property. The Park District reserves the right to discontinue an individual’s use or membership because of disruptive or unsafe behavior.
- This is a public facility and the safety of your children is important. Be sure they are aware of the risks involved in aquatic activities. Children ages 10 or younger must be accompanied by a paying adult/guardian age 18 or older at all times. Children under 5 years of age must have an adult 18 years of age or older within arm’s reach at all times.
- Admission to the pool shall be refused to all persons having any contagious disease; any infectious conditions such as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, carbuncles, boils, diarrhea, vomiting, inflamed eyes, ear discharges; or any other condition that has the appearance of being infectious. Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions that have not healed, corn plasters, bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages or other bandages of any kind also shall be refused admittance.
- The pool water is not suitable for drinking. Avoid swallowing pool water.
- Littering is prohibited. In addition, no food, drink, gum or tobacco is allowed in other than specially designated and controlled sections of the pool area. Glass containers are prohibited.
- All persons are encouraged to take a shower before entering the pool area.
- Personal conduct within the pool facility must be such that the safety of self and others is not jeopardized. No running or boisterous or rough play, except supervised water sports, is permitted.
- Only clean footwear, baby strollers or wheelchairs are allowed in the pool area or bathhouse.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose or otherwise introducing contaminants into the pool is not permitted.
- Glass, soap or other material that might create hazardous conditions or interfere with efficient operation of the swimming pool shall not be permitted in the swimming pool or on the pool deck.
- All swimming suit apparel worn in the pool shall be clean.
- All children who are not toilet trained shall wear tight fitting plastic pants and/or a swim diaper.
- Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing safety rules and responding to emergencies. Parents or guardians should supervise their children.
- Walk with caution, surfaces may be slippery when wet. Running is not allowed on pool decks and shallow water.
- A person under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior shall not be permitted in the pool area.
- All persons must check in at the Front Desk and have a wristband for entry to the Aquatic Center.